Concussion Training Medical Clearance Form
The Concussion Training Medical Clearance Form allows doctors to demonstrate their understanding of concussion. It also outlines the important factors for ‘signing off” a player to return to sport.
Signing off a player should only occur when:
- the patient is free of symptoms, and
- after return to normal activity, school or work.
The Concussion Training Medical Clearance Form is available online. A copy can be printed to take back to the team or school. The form also retained in the Cloud (by Concussion Training) as a record.
The key highlights of the form – and clearance process – are that the Doctor understands and documents:
- When the concussion occurred
- Required rest period for the sport concerned
- That the patient is free of symptoms at rest and with activity
- That no medication for concussion is being taken
- Whether Baseline Tests have returned to normal (where applicable)
- A Return to Play programme has been undertaken and completed